Bitcoin, the most popular digital currency that is used for seamless and borderless transactions, can be used on Cash App — a widely used payment platform. For legitimate and secure transactions, you must verify Bitcoin on Cash App, and in this post, I’ll give you a step-by-step guide.
How to verify Bitcoin on Cash App
1. Creating your Cash App account
To start, you must create a Cash App account, but if you’re already signed up on the platform, skip this step. To create an account:
- Download and install the app by visiting your app store (Google Play Store or iOS).
- Create an account by following the on-screen instructions. The required sign-up data are your phone number, email address, name, and unique username called your $Cashtag.
2. Linking the bank account
- Go to Settings by tapping the profile icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- You can link your bank account by linking your debit card details and following the instructions on the screen.
- Your details will be verified before you can continue.
3. Funding Your Cash App
Before you continue to buy Bitcoin, you need to fund your account via the account linked in the previous step. You can do this by
- Clicking on the Home button at the bottom left of your app
- Hit the “Add Cash” icon.
- Enter the amount you wish to enter and click “Add.”
- To complete the transaction, you must confirm your name, date of birth, ID, and home address.
- Voila! Your cash will be added to your account.
4. Buying Bitcoin on Cash App
Now that you’ve funded your account and want to buy Bitcoin, you must verify your account before proceeding if it’s your first time.
- From the home screen, click on “Bitcoin.”
- Tap on “Enable Withdrawals and Deposits.”
- Some extra information is required to ensure the security of your transaction. Details include your email address, why you’re using Bitcoin, income, and employment status.
- Next, you’ll need to scan a government-issued ID or license to confirm your identity.
- Finally, take a well-lit picture of your face.
Note: Verifying your ID may take up to 48 hours, and you’ll see “Verification in progress”.
5. Buying Bitcoin(Once your account is verified)
- Click on the icon with the wavy line on the bottom right of the screen. This is the “Investing” icon.
- You’ll see different options like “Stocks” and “Bitcoin” on the screen that pops up. Choose “Bitcoin”.
- In the following screen, click on “Buy Bitcoin.”
- Select the amount you want, then click on “Next”.
- Next screen, hit “Confirm”.
Note: You’ll be asked to provide a 4-digit PIN if it is your first time buying Bitcoin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About How to Verify Bitcoin on Cash App
How long does it take for Cash App to verify Bitcoin?
Verifying your account to buy Bitcoin on Cash App takes 48 hours to complete. The status you’ll see on your account is “Verification in progress”. Note that your verification may be confirmed or denied after 48 hours elapses.
Can I withdraw Bitcoin from Cash App to an external wallet?
Yes, you can withdraw Bitcoin from your Cash App to an external wallet by following these steps:
- Open your Cash App and tap on the “Bitcoin” icon
- Input the amount of Bitcoin you want to withdraw
- Hit “Withdraw”
- Put in the external Bitcoin wallet address
- Click on “Withdraw” to complete the transaction.
Cash App charges a withdrawal fee depending on the amount of BTC being withdrawn. So, ensure you have enough BTC to cover this fee.
What is the Bitcoin limit on Cash App?
The Bitcoin limit on Cash App (buying and selling) is $10,000 weekly. You can increase this limit by verifying your identity or making more purchases and sales on Cash App.
Can I buy Bitcoin on Cash App without verifying my identity?
No, you cannot buy Bitcoin without verifying your identity. This is to comply with the anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) regulations.
How do I verify my Cash App to send Bitcoin to another wallet?
To send Bitcoin to another wallet, you have to verify your identity by following these steps:
- From the home screen, click on “Bitcoin.”
- Next, you want to click on “Enable Withdrawals and Deposits”.
- To beef up the security of your transaction, you’ll need to provide extra info. You’ll input data like your email address, why you’re using Bitcoin and your employment status.
- Then, you’ll scan a government-issued ID or license to prove it’s really you.
- To complete the verification process, take a clear and well-illuminated picture of your face.
By following these steps, you’ll have verified your Bitcoin on Cash App and be on your way to making seamless transactions. Remember to stay vigilant and take security measures to keep your identity and Bitcoin safe online.