These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Breet Technologies Limited's Website, located at breet.app.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Breet if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
You warrant and represent that:
You hereby grant Breet Technologies Limited a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
1. commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
2. dot.com community sites;
3. associations or other groups representing charities;
4. online directory distributors;
5. internet portals;
6. accounting, law and consulting firms; and
7. educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Breet Technologies Limited; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Breet Technologies Limited. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
1. By use of our corporate name; or
2. By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
3. By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Breet Technologies Limited's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Under no circumstances does any information contained on the Platform, or provided to you through your BREET Account or by any employee, agent or affiliate of BREET, constitute financial, investment or other professional advice. You are solely responsible for any decision to store, buy or sell digital currency, and such decision should take into account your risk tolerance and financial circumstances.
You are solely responsible for determining whether, and to what extent, any taxes apply to any transactions you carry out through your Breet Account, and for withholding, collecting, reporting and remitting the correct amounts of tax to the appropriate tax authorities.
You must not use your Breet Account to undertake any of the activities or categories of activity set out in this section (each a “Prohibited Activity”):
- violation of any laws, statutes, ordinance or regulations;
- undertaking, facilitating or supporting criminal activity of any kind, including but not limited to, money laundering, terrorist financing, illegal gambling operations or malicious hacking;
- abusive activity, including but not limited to:
- imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Breet’s infrastructure, or otherwise taking any action that may negatively affect the performance of the Platform or Breet’s reputation;
- attempting to gain unauthorised access to the Platform or any Breet Account;
- transmitting or uploading any material to the Platform that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other harmful programmes; or
- transferring your Breet Account access or rights to your Breet Account to a third party, unless as required by law or with Breet’s prior consent.
- paying in to or otherwise supporting pyramid schemes, Ponzi schemes, matrix programmes, “get rich quick” schemes, multi-level marketing programmes or high-yield investment programmes;
- fraudulent activity, including but not limited to taking any actions that defraud Breet or a Breet customer, or the provision of any false, inaccurate, or misleading information to Breet;
- transactions involving items that may help facilitate or enable illegal activity; promote or facilitate hate, violence or racial intolerance; are considered obscene; or may be stolen goods or the proceeds of crime;
- transactions involving TOR markets, online gambling sites or mixers;
- sale or purchase of narcotics or controlled substances; and
- intellectual property infringement.
By opening a Breet Account, you confirm that you will not use your account to undertake any of the above-listed Prohibited Activities or any similar or related activity.
Activities subject to the prior written approval of Breet. Unless you have obtained the prior written approval of Breet, you accept and agree that you will not use your Breet Account to conduct or operate any of the following business activities or categories of activity:
1. money services, including but not limited to money or digital currency transmission, currency or digital currency exchange or dealing, payment service providers, e-money or any other financial services business;
2. gambling or gaming services;
3. charitable or religious / spiritual organisations;
4. consumer lending services, including but not limited to secured and unsecured loans, cash advances, payday lending;
5. investment funds, asset management, or brokerage services.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your Breet Account if we suspect, in our sole discretion, that you are using, or have used, your Breet Account in association with any of the activities listed above, or any similar or related activity, without having obtained the prior written approval of Breet.
In no event shall Breet, its operating entities or any other affiliates (including their respective directors, members, employees or agents) be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of data, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of, inability to use, or unavailability of the Platform and/ or your Breet Account, including without limitation any damages caused by or resulting from any reliance upon any information received from Breet, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from a force majeure event, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to Breet’s records, programmes or services.
Breet will not be liable for any loss resulting from your use of the Platform, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, unauthorized access, the malfunction of electronic or mechanical equipment, personal computer and any lines thereto, theft, operator errors, or due to any "force majeure" (e.g., severe weather, earthquake, flood, fire or other acts of God), and strikes or other labour problems, or to any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Breet.
Breet reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your Breet Account where:
1. we reasonably suspect your Breet Account to be the subject of an operational or other error, in which case we may be required to suspend access to your account until such time as the error is rectified;
2. we reasonably suspect your Breet Account has been or is being used in relation to any unlawful, fraudulent or prohibited activity, or in breach of these Terms;
3. we reasonably suspect you or your Breet Account is or has been associated with, or poses a high risk of, money laundering, financing of terrorism, fraud, or any other financial crime;
4. we reasonably suspect you of taking any action that Breet considers to be a circumvention of Breet’s controls, including but not limited to opening multiple Breet Account;
5. we reasonably suspect your involvement in any attempt to gain unauthorised access to any Breet Account;
6. your Breet Account is or appears to be the subject of any legal, regulatory or government process and/or we, in our sole discretion, consider there to be a heightened risk of legal or regulatory non-compliance associated with your Breet Account;
7. we are compelled to do so by a prima facie valid subpoena, court order, or other binding order of a government or regulatory authority; or
8. your name appears on a government or international body sanctions list.
Breet will make all reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of any decision to restrict, suspend or terminate your Breet Account, unless we are prevented from doing so by any legal or regulatory process or requirement, or where doing so may compromise Breet’s security and/or risk management procedures. You accept and agree that Breet is under no obligation to disclose to you the fact of or reason for any decision to restrict, suspend or terminate your Breet Account, and shall have no liability to you in connection with the restriction, suspension or termination of your Breet Account.
Upon termination of your Breet Account, all amounts payable by you to us will become immediately due and payable.
On termination, we shall complete all Transactions and/or Contracts that are already entered into or under execution and these Terms and Conditions shall continue to bind both parties in relation to such Transactions and/or Contracts. We shall be entitled to deduct all amounts due to us before transferring any credit balances to you and we shall be entitled to postpone such transfer until any and all Transactions and/or Contracts between you and us are closed. Furthermore, we shall be entitled to require you to pay any charges incurred in transferring your investments.
In the event that you involve us, directly or indirectly, in any type of fraud, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion and without prejudice to any other rights we may have under this Terms, to reverse all previous Transactions and/or Contracts, which would or could place our interests and/or any of our (other) clients’ interests at risk.
All queries and complaints should be raised with our customer support department through the support channel on the platform.
Without prejudice to any of our other rights to close a Transaction under this Terms, in any case where we are in dispute with you in respect of a Transaction or alleged Transaction or any communication relating to a Transaction, we may, at our absolute discretion and without notice, close any such Transaction or alleged Transaction, where we reasonably believe such action to be desirable for the purpose of limiting the maximum amount involved in the dispute, and we will not be under any obligation to you in connection with any subsequent movement in the level of the Transaction concerned.
Money laundering has been a major instrument through which major atrocities have been funded in this world, including wars, terrorism, government corruption, human trafficking, illegal gun trade, and drug trafficking, amongst many others. Several governments, including that of Nigeria, have come up with laws, rules, and regulations all in a bid to eliminate money laundering and save the world from its effects.
Some of these laws and regulations are the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011 (as amended), Terrorism (Prevention) Act, 2011 (as amended), and the Central Bank of Nigeria (Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism in Banks, and other Financial Institutions in Nigeria) Regulations, 2013.
Breet, as a responsible company, frowns at and is committed to fighting, money laundering, and fully complying with anti-money laundering laws in Nigeria.
We are aware of the difficulties and risks that come with digital assets transactions, making it a popular channel for money laundering. To keep our company free of money launderers, we have come up with policies and structures that ensure that we comply with all government laws and regulations set up to fight money laundering. We have also taken steps to implement policies, independent of government input, which the company believes aids in preventing money laundering on its platform.
Our policies and structures are regularly updated to keep our company compliant with changes in regulations and to keep us abreast and compliant with international best practices.
In complying with the extant money-laundering laws and regulations, and international best practices, we:
a) Created a compliance unit that is headed by a compliance officer who spearheads the company’s anti-money laundering policy implementation in line with government policies;
b) Do regular background checks on suspicious users based on transactions processed within the platform.
c) Are dedicated to the development of vetting systems to manage and mitigate risks of money laundering, discover suspicious transactions, and report such transactions to the relevant authorities;
d) Review and identify areas of potential money-laundering risks and report such risks to the relevant authorities;
e) Placed necessary transaction limits which are regularly reviewed by the company based on government policy or industry standards;
f) Constantly cooperate with investigative efforts of security agencies and relevant government agencies by placing a lien on accounts being investigated for fraud, money laundering, and any other criminal activity.
This Terms and each Transaction entered into with you is in all respects governed by Nigerian Law and the courts of Nigeria will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes that may arise in relation thereto.